Please do not advise the Curmudgeonly Professor to get a life, get over it, deal with it, or forget about it. Curmudgeonly people, by nature, are gripers, and they would not be living up to their reputation if they never acted irritated about stuff. So here are ten things to be irritated about today:
1. Getting used dental floss off of wet fingers.
2. Aggressive shopping cart shovers who are simultaneously yapping on cell phones and barging their way through the store aisles jeopardizing the life and limbs of others.
3. People who turn on their cell phone screens, text message, take camera phone photos, and have their flashing screen lights annoy everyone around them in concerts, at the movies or in any groups.
4. People who go through pre-packaged produce, like strawberries, and pick the best berries (or other fruit) out of other packages to put in their own.
5. Sports announcers who persist in carrying on trivial conversations among themselves or laughing boisterously at inside jokes and forget they were hired to call the game. Call the game, bozos, or find another job! We have raised this issue before.
6. People who wait until their $300 order at Costco or Wal*Mart is rung up and then say, oh, by the way, here is a fistful of coupons. So you wait another ten or fifteen minutes.
7. Mommies with ten kids who frequent the free food sample stands at the stores and wipe out everything before you can get your fair share.
8. Obnoxious television ads that continue to bombard viewers over and over and over.
9. Television ads that interrupt an occasional good program every few minutes.
10. Ads attached to the Sunday funnies. Sacrilegious.
If we work at it, we can actually get irritated about nearly everything, but this list should remind you of a few irritations that you can complain about.