I should have known. Just hours after I posted my ode to how much I love my Kindle yesterday, the sucker up and croaked. Died. Deader than a doornail, as my brother Steve used to say. Kaput. No loyalty or recognition for my misguided praise. So here are 5 reasons why I hate my Kindle:
- The stupid thing died.
- In general, never trust anything electronic, with wires, moving parts, stationary parts, or any other manner of components.
- Most of the free books were not worth reading unless one is in to hot romance, chick lit, etc.
- Have to recharge frequently.
- Paid way too much money for first generation Kindle. Should have known it would be deceased with an untimely demise.
- Well hallelujah! I whined to Google and Google steered me to the website JustAnswer where for 28 bucks (actually 18 but I was so pleased I gave the guy ten bucks for a bagel) and he told me to take the back off, use a paper clip and push the reset button, and Presto! I am back in business reading murder mysteries, weight loss books, epic sagas. Try JustAnswer.com in a pinch, even if it's just a question about your love life or how best to take out the garbage.
- So now the main reason I hate it is no longer valid, although it had absolutely no business dying right on the page of the murder which gave me nightmares all night long not knowing if I would have to chuck my latest EPOC (electronic piece of you know what) on the pile of deceased stuff. Did you see the collection of electronic junk Andy Rooney showed on 60 minutes Sunday night? He never throws anything away.