Here are a few words we always love to hear, but which often go unspoken:
- I love you.
- You look really nice.
- Can I help you?
- What would you like me to do?
- You look tired. Why don't you let me finish?
- Excuse me, I didn't mean to do or say that.
- I'm sorry.
- Tell me what's troubling you.
- How do you feel about such and such?
- Where would you like to go?
- What TV program would you like to watch?
- Don't worry about (it). We'll find a way to work it out.
And I'm sure there are others. But a few of these used liberally can smooth over many a troubled moment and bring far more smiles than moments of resentment for being ignored, unappreciated, and feeling unloved. Best of all, none of them cost a penny. Just a moment of consideration and love.