Five Signs of the time that indicate that the end of the world will happen Saturday after all:
- Lady Gaga has apparently replaced Oprah as the biggest celebrity. I have no idea who Lady Gaga is or what she does.
- I got a $1 off a quarter pounder burger at Arctic Circle without having a coupon.
- The Lakers had advance knowledge and faded out of the playoffs early to have their lockers already cleaned out by Saturday.
- We have gone a whole 24 hours without a new amorous escapade revealed for another big shot.
- No new GOP members have announced their candidacy for President. They are waiting to make sure that announcing is a viable possibility.
If nothing happens Saturday and the world continues on its merry way, all naughty people will be sent to Time Out for a minimum of 3 hours apiece. We didn't have time out when I was a kid. Now it is equivalent to extreme punishment. I may wait until Sunday morning to see if I should continue blogging. Happy End of the World watching. The Curmudgeonly Professor will provide additional guidance and intelligence after Saturday to help you determine whether the end of the world really did happen. What time, though? Eastern? Mountain? Central? Pacific? And, if the end of the world happens at midnight Saturday, does that mean that the end comes at 10:00 p.m. mountain, or do we just hang out for a couple of hours? These are important issues to consider.