In between taking and posting zillions of photos of flowers etc., the Curmudgeonly Professor spends his time musing about the meaning of life and the various nooks and crannies and philosophies therein. He can legitimately do so, since he is a genuine doctor of philosophy, even though he has never taken a course in philosophy and has no idea how to even communicate with a bona fide philosopher. Have you ever tried to talk to one of those types for more than sixty seconds? And could you understand even one teensy iota of the verbiage they were articulating and enunciating and emoting? As if they knew the meaning of life and everything happening in it, past, present, and future. However, even the illiterate are perfectly competent to ponder deep, dark stuff that happens and wonder why someone hasn't figure out how to do stuff better, behave more civilly, learn what they obviously need to know, etc., etc. Here is my list for the day. There may be more lists, hour by hour, day by day, but we have to start some where.
- Why do some people like the Los Angeles Lakers? A prime point of worry.
- Why does Microsoft Internet Explorer stop working every time I get back two or three hours on Twitter posts?
- What will the Library of Congress discover after they spend zillions of dollars archiving all of the Twitter posts in creation?
- Can I figure out some way to make some expense money selling photo prints and photo cards? How?
- What is the meaning of the U.S. Congress? What is it supposed to accomplish?
- Why do I continue to bother posting stuff on the Curmudgeonly Professor blog? My sisters and three other people are the only ones who seem to care, thus far.
- Can the Magic pull one more off against the Celtics tonight? The Vegas line favors the Magic. Go figure.
- Can the Suns knock off the lethargic and weary and shell-shocked Lakers in the home comfort of the Staples Center with Jack Nicholson refereeing and a host of has-been "celebrities" choking the first few rows to get their picture on TV a half dozen times and with Coach Jackson continuing to lament the "no-calls" and Kobe looking on in stunned misbelief for five minutes every time a foul is called on him? Etc.
- Can the Cleveland Cavaliers win as many games next year with a new coach who presumably will be much loved and respected by all team members and Cav Management?
- Can the BYU girls softball team beat AZ in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen of women's softball?
- When will the weather turn warm and quit fooling around?
- Why do ducks fly so beautifully and waddle so ridiculously?
- What is the appropriate level of knowledge for proper functioning of a public official or legislator?
- How many can pass the GOP purity test?
The Curmudgeonly Professor is worried about many other aspects of daily existence. Meanwhile he is happy to congratulate the Utah Valley University dance team who won the Dancing With the Stars competition last night which I miraculously flipped from the Suns-Lakers game momentarily and just happened to catch it. Stupendous. I should mention that, in addition to the above, the Curmudgeonly Professor is a certifiable hypochondriac, catastrophizer, and general pain in the, well, neck.